Earth Day 2023: ‘Invest In Our Planet’
On April 22nd, stakeholders of all backgrounds come together to advance sustainability and climate action in commemoration of Earth Day. First held in 1970, the annual event now includes a wide range of events and initiatives coordinated globally. This year, the Earth Day movement is rallying behind the theme ‘Invest In Our Planet’, which highlights the importance of dedicating our time, resources, and energy to solving climate change and other environmental issues, with a view that investing in our planet is necessary to protect it and the best way to pave a path towards a prosperous future.
Cube is equally committed to protecting the environment, as well as the health and safety of our employees and the global communities in which we operate. Our business takes the necessary measures to carry out its statutory, moral, and social duties to the highest standards, compliant with the current industry best practise.
Cube is constantly improving the environmental impact of its operations and follow these key principles:
- Actively measuring and monitoring environmental impacts
- Reducing waste, maximising the reuse, and recycling of materials and managing disposal responsibly
- Ensuring our use of natural resources (energy, water, products we buy) is sustainable
- Protecting the environment by seeking to avoid and reduce the pollution of air, water and land that may result as a consequence of our business operations
- Ensuring that our activities are sensitive to the local community and that we leave areas exactly as they were found or better
- Developing awareness of environmental context and initiatives to encourage proactive stakeholder engagement
- Providing suitable environmental training for our staff and continuously promoting sustainability and environmental awareness.
Cube’s exclusive Continest build system uses foldable technology to reduce transport and logistical costs:
- Ten buildings can be transported, folded and stacked on a single truck
- Traditional fixed framed buildings would require five times the number of lorries
- Continest foldable portable buildings achieve an 80% reduction in transport carbon footprint by reducing the number of trucks required, thereby also reducing our Scope 1 emissions
- Reduced diesel exhaust fumes reduce carbon, C02, emissions and particulate soot –improving health and wellbeing in the event space and locations the units are installed.
Given the nature of Cube Modular’s business and our ISO20121 Sustainable Event Management Certification, we include:
- Carbon emission reports for all our event clients and for internal reporting
- These reports detail the quantity of CO2 emissions produced in transport, and the amount saved compared to transporting fixed framed cabins.
Our business measures its environmental health, safety and sustainability performance against established standards and this performance is reviewed by the Board of Directors and Safety & Sustainability team on a regular basis.
By making sustainability an integral part of our strategy and operations, we aim to achieve long-term returns and generate a positive impact for society and the environment, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and the Paris Agreement. We make sustainability an intrinsic part of all our global business relationships and work closely with our suppliers and business partners to achieve long lasting impacts across our entire value chain.
Part of the Cube International group, Cube Modular designs and manufactures modular portable buildings and containers of exceptional design, quality and functionality for sports events, venues, stadia and businesses.