LITTLE RIPLEY CHILDREN'S DAY NURSERY
Temporary Modular Nursery Classrooms
- ECI, Principal Designer and Principal Contractor, collaborative with nursery staff
- Minor works contract with contractor design
- Turnkey solution within Education sector
- M&E integration
- Delivery within school environment, out of hours to safeguard children
Cube Modular installed two temporary classrooms configured using its standard award-winning Continest CN20 (6m x 2.4m) foldable units jointed together to create buildings of the required size.
Initial site survey revealed a relatively steep sloping site. To overcome the challenging terrain Cube liaised closely with the nursery’s existing building contractor to propose a safe solution. Cube provided a detailed site plan, drawings and specification to enable the builder to construct blockwork levelling pads prior to installation.
Installation took place outside nursery opening hours to safeguard children, parents and staff. De-rig took place during opening hours but avoiding key drop off and collection times, site safety managed via RAMS and Cube’s CHAS / CDM compliant standard operating procedures.
All 5 units were transported on one truck due to their foldable nature, taking 4 trucks off the road during delivery and collection and reducing the carbon footprint associated with the installation.
Little Ripley rented the units for five months initially and then extended for a further six months. During this time, Cube provided on-call maintenance services.
Twelve months ago, at Little Ripley we had to complete major building works on our Children’s Day Nursery. Cube Modular came to our rescue. They installed two large modular classrooms on our carpark which has comfortably and safely housed our children throughout that time. The product, service and communication by Cube Modular has been outstanding. We look forward to working with them again on future projects.
Performance to a high standard
- ISO/SSIP accredited quality/environmental/safety management systems enabled snag-free, CDM-compliant delivery
- Client, Staff and other Contractors on site engagement to ensure all aspects of delivered modular solutions are fit for purpose, support provided to staff to ensure installation is fully usable as intended
- Regular consultation on delivery and sharing lessons learnt across all sites
- Compact Continest containers reduce haulage costs and CO2 by over 2/3
Part of the Cube International group, Cube Modular designs and manufactures modular portable buildings and containers of exceptional design, quality and functionality for sports events, venues, stadia and businesses.